- 2 tablespoons low-fat plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 (7 ounce) can light tuna in water, drained
- 2 teaspoons chopped capers
- Pinch of dried dill
- Ground pepper to taste
- 4 large slicing tomatoes, cored and cut in half lengthwise
- 4 slices deli-style sharp Cheddar cheese
Preparation ready: Ready in 15 minutes
- Arrange rack in upper third of oven. Preheat broiler. Line a baking sheet with foil.
- Combine yogurt and mayonnaise in a medium bowl. Mix in tuna, breaking up the chunks. Add capers, dill and pepper and stir to combine.
- Set tomato halves on foil, cut-side up. Divide the tuna mixture evenly among 4 of the halves. Top with cheese. Broil until the cheese is melted, 4 to 6 minutes. Top with the other tomato half. Let cool slightly before serving.
- Serving size: 1 sandwich
- Per serving: 218 calories; 13 g fat(6 g sat); 2 g fiber; 8 g carbohydrates; 18 g protein; 37 mcg folate; 48 mg cholesterol; 5 g sugars; 0 g added sugars; 1,900 IU vitamin A; 25 mg vitamin C; 234 mg calcium; 1 mg iron; 372 mg sodium; 543 mg potassium
- Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (42% daily value), Vitamin A (38% dv), Calcium (23% dv)
- Carbohydrate Servings: ½
- Exchanges: 1½ lean protein, 1½ vegetable, 1 high-fat protein, ½ fat