- 2 (14 ounce) packages extra-firm, water-packed tofu, drained
- ⅔ cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- ⅔ cup lime juice
- 6 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
Preparation: Ready in 1h 35 minutes
- Pat tofu dry and cut into ½- to ¾-inch cubes. Combine soy sauce, lime juice and oil in a medium bowl or large sealable plastic bag. Add the tofu; gently toss to combine. Marinate in the refrigerator for 1 hour or up to 4 hours, gently stirring once or twice.
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Remove the tofu from the marinade with a slotted spoon (discard marinade). Spread out on 2 large baking sheets, making sure the pieces are not touching. Roast, gently turning halfway through, until golden brown, about 20 minutes.
- To make ahead: Marinate the tofu (Step 1) for up to 4 hours. Cover and refrigerate roasted tofu for up to 5 days.
- Cut Down on Dishes: A rimmed baking sheet is great for everything from roasting to catching accidental drips and spills. For effortless cleanup and to keep your baking sheets in tip-top shape, line them with a layer of foil before each use.
- People with celiac disease or gluten-sensitivity should use soy sauces that are labeled “gluten-free,” as soy sauce may contain wheat or other gluten-containing sweeteners and flavors.
- Serving size: 1 cup
- Per serving: 163 calories; 11 g fat(2 g sat); 2 g fiber; 2 g carbohydrates; 19 g protein; 0 mcg folate; 0 mg cholesterol; 0 g sugars; 0 g added sugars; 1 IU vitamin A; 1 mg vitamin C; 187 mg calcium; 3 mg iron; 111 mg sodium; 3 mg potassium
- Carbohydrate Servings: 0
- Exchanges: 2 medium-fat protein