- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 bell peppers, sliced
- 3 cups sliced sweet onions
- 1 teaspoon salt
Preparation: Ready in 30 minutes
- Heat oil in a large straight-sided sauté pan or Dutch oven over medium heat. Add peppers, onions and salt; cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are tender and starting to brown, 18 to 21 minutes.
- Tip: Use this recipe to meal prep a week of dinners with this plan.
- To make ahead: Refrigerate for up to 4 days.
- erving size: ⅓ cup
- Per serving: 42 calories; 2 g fat(0 g sat); 1 g fiber; 5 g carbohydrates; 1 g protein; 25 mcg folate; 0cholesterol; 3 g sugars; 0 g added sugars; 1,242 IU vitamin A; 52 mg vitamin C; 9 mg calcium; 0 mg iron; 164 mg sodium; 118 mg potassium
- Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (87% daily value), Vitamin A (25% dv)
- Carbohydrate Servings: ½
- Exchanges: 1 vegetable, ½ fat