- 1 pound center-cut salmon fillet, preferably wild, cut into 4 portions
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ tablespoon grated garlic
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
Preparation: Ready in 25 minutes
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Coat a large rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Place salmon on one side of the prepared baking sheet and asparagus on the other. Sprinkle the salmon and asparagus with salt and pepper.
- Heat butter, oil, garlic, lemon zest and lemon juice in a small skillet over medium heat until the butter is melted. Drizzle the butter mixture over the salmon and asparagus. Bake until the salmon is cooked through and the asparagus is just tender, 12 to 15 minutes.
- Serving size: 1 piece salmon & about 5 spears asparagus
- Per serving: 269 calories; 16 g fat(7 g sat); 2 g fiber; 6 g carbohydrates; 25 g protein; 73 mcg folate; 76 mg cholesterol; 2 g sugars; 0 g added sugars; 1,289 IU vitamin A; 10 mg vitamin C; 79 mg calcium; 3 mg iron; 351 mg sodium; 667 mg potassium
- Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin A (26% daily value)
- Carbohydrate Servings: ½
- Exchanges: 3½ lean protein, 2½ fat, 1 vegetable