- 1½ cups shredded peeled sweet potato
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- ½ cup diced ham
- ½ cup diced red pepper
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 6 eggs
- ½ cup nonfat milk
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
Preparation: Ready in 30 minutes
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Generously coat a muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Toss sweet potato and oil in a medium bowl. Divide among the 12 muffin cups, pressing into the bottom and up the sides to create a crust.
- Divide ham and red pepper among the cups. Top with cheese, keeping it away from the edges to minimize sticking.
- Whisk eggs, milk, salt and pepper in a large measuring cup. Carefully pour the mixture into the cups, dividing evenly.
- Bake until set and cooked through, 22 to 28 minutes. Run a knife around the edges of the quiches and remove from the tin while still hot. Serve warm.
- To make ahead: Individually wrap in plastic and refrigerate for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 1 month. To reheat, remove plastic, wrap in a paper towel and microwave on High for 30 to 60 seconds.
- Equipment: Muffin tin with 12 ( ½-cup) cups
- Serving size: 2 mini quiches
- Per serving: 217 calories; 14 g fat(6 g sat); 1 g fiber; 8 g carbohydrates; 14 g protein; 37 mcg folate; 211 mg cholesterol; 3 g sugars; 0 g added sugars; 5,638 IU vitamin A; 25 mg vitamin C; 198 mg calcium; 1 mg iron; 468 mg sodium; 300 mg potassium
- Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin A (113% daily value), Vitamin C (42% dv), Calcium (20% dv)
- Carbohydrate Servings: ½
- Exchanges: 1 medium-fat protein, ½ fat, ½ high-fat protein, ½ lean protein, ½ starch