- 2 medium cucumbers, or 1 large English cucumber
- ¼ cup rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted (see Tip)
Preparation: Ready in 15 minutes
- eel cucumbers to leave alternating green stripes. Slice the cucumbers in half lengthwise; scrape the seeds out with a spoon. Using a food processor or sharp knife, cut into very thin slices. Place in a double layer of paper towel and squeeze gently to remove any excess moisture.
- Combine vinegar, sugar and salt in a medium bowl, stirring to dissolve. Add the cucumbers and sesame seeds; toss well to combine. Serve immediately.
- Tip: To toast sesame seeds, heat a small dry skillet over low heat. Add sesame seeds and stir constantly until golden and fragrant, about 2 minutes. Transfer to a small bowl and let cool.
- Serving size: about 1 cup
- Per serving: 46 calories; 2 g fat(0 g sat); 1 g fiber; 4 g carbohydrates; 1 g protein; 14 mcg folate; 0mg cholesterol; 2 g sugars; 1 g added sugars; 72 IU vitamin A; 3 mg vitamin C; 14 mg calcium; 7 mg iron; 147 mg sodium; 137 mg potassium
- Nutrition Bonus: Iron (39% daily value)
- Carbohydrate Servings: ½
- Exchanges: 1 vegetable, ½ fat