- 3 cups cubed butternut squash (1-inch)
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 2 red bell peppers, cut into squares
- 1 large red onion, cut into bite-size chunks
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning or herbes de Provence
- 1 teaspoon coarse kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon best-quality balsamic vinegar
Preparation: Ready in 45 minutes
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Toss squash and 1 tablespoon oil in a large bowl. Spread out on a baking sheet. Roast for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, toss broccoli, bell peppers, onion, Italian seasoning (or herbes de Provence), salt and pepper in the bowl until the vegetables are evenly coated.
- Add the squash to the vegetables in the bowl. Toss to combine. Spread the vegetables out on 2 baking sheets, dividing evenly. Roast, stirring once or twice, until the vegetables are tender and browned in spots, 17 to 20 minutes. Drizzle with vinegar.
- To make ahead: Refrigerate for up to 5 days.
- Serving size: 1 cup
- Per serving: 97 calories; 6 g fat(1 g sat); 3 g fiber; 11 g carbohydrates; 2 g protein; 56 mcg folate;0 mg cholesterol; 4 g sugars; 0 g added sugars; 7,578 IU vitamin A; 83 mg vitamin C; 48 mg calcium; 1 mg iron; 154 mg sodium; 396 mg potassium
- Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin A (152% daily value), Vitamin C (138% dv)
- Carbohydrate Servings: ½
- Exchanges: 1 fat, 1 vegetable, ½ starch