- ¾ cup whole-milk plain yogurt, divided
- 1 small yellow onion, grated
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, divided
- 3 cloves garlic, pressed or finely grated, divided
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- ½ teaspoon ground turmeric
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- ½ cup finely chopped seeded cucumber
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint, cilantro and/or parsley
- 3 whole-wheat lavash, halved
- Lettuce leaves & sliced tomato for serving
Preparation: Ready In
- Combine ¼ cup yogurt, onion, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, 2 garlic cloves, coriander, cumin, allspice, pepper, ¾ teaspoon salt and turmeric in a large bowl. Add chicken and rub the yogurt mixture into it. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or up to 3 hours.
- Position racks in upper third and center of oven; preheat to 450°F. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Arrange the chicken in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet; discard any remaining marinade. Roast on the center rack until an instant-read thermometer inserted in the thickest part registers 165°F, about 20 minutes. Move the baking sheet to the top rack and turn the broiler to high. Broil until browned in spots, 3 to 5 minutes. Transfer the chicken to a clean cutting board and let rest for 3 minutes. Thinly slice.
- Meanwhile, combine the remaining ½ cup yogurt, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, 1 garlic clove, ¼ teaspoon salt, cucumber and herbs in a small bowl. Divide the chicken among lavash halves. Serve with the yogurt sauce and lettuce and tomato, if desired.
- Serving size: ⅔ cup chicken, ½ lavash & 2 Tbsp sauce
- Per serving: 341 calories; 10 g fat(3 g sat); 5 g fiber; 27 g carbohydrates; 32 g protein; 13 mcg folate; 143 mg cholesterol; 3 g sugars; 1 g added sugars; 152 IU vitamin A; 4 mg vitamin C; 69 mg calcium; 2 mg iron; 560 mg sodium; 390 mg potassium
- Carbohydrate Servings: 2
- Exchanges: ½ vegetable, 1½ starch, 3½ lean protein