- 4 8-inch whole-wheat tortillas
- 1 cup Sautéed Peppers & Onions (see associated recipe)
- 1½ cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese (6 ounces)
- ½ cup guacamole
- 4 tablespoons salsa
Preparation time: 15 minutes
- Lay tortillas on a work surface. Spread peppers and onions on half of each tortilla, dividing evenly. Top with cheese, dividing evenly. Fold the tortillas in half, pressing gently to flatten.
- Heat a large griddle or skillet over medium heat. Cook 2 of the quesadillas until crispy on the outside and the cheese is melted, 2 to 4 minutes per side. Repeat with the remaining 2 quesadillas. Let the quesadillas cool for 1 minute before cutting into wedges to serve. Serve with guacamole and salsa.
- Serving size: 1 quesadilla, 2 Tbsp. guacamole & 1 Tbsp. salsa
- Per serving: 385 calories; 21 g fat(9 g sat); 5 g fiber; 32 g carbohydrates; 16 g protein; 27 mcg folate; 38 mg cholesterol; 6 g sugars; 0 g added sugars; 1,533 IU vitamin A; 42 mg vitamin C; 428 mg calcium; 2 mg iron; 907 mg sodium; 357 mg potassium
- Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (70% daily value), Calcium (43% dv), Vitamin A (31% dv)
- Carbohydrate Servings: 2
- Exchanges: 2 starch, 1½ high-fat protein, 1 fat, 1 vegetable